PDA

View Full Version : Bigdog's callout!

Jan Richardson
03-31-2014, 06:04 PM
:cool: Yeah boys, Listen up!! I got called out yesterday at the World of Wheels. Yeah I was just minding my own business, when I walked up to the New England Dragway spot. There was Vinnie (for those who don't know him, he's a regular bracket racer at NED) and his newly done '70 Duster, with mind you a 632 All Aluminum Mountain Motor, single Dominator carb, Cast Aluminum Intake, Brodie 450 series conventional Heads, Motor Plate, mid-plate, on his Mopar K-member, Back- Half, 4-link Dana Rear, with 4.10's and Dbl beadlock mags on 31X14 MT's weighing in at 2840 lbs. with him in it. Wow! He yelled out loudly that he wants to grudge run me badly and he's gonna have some video people there to film the run! He claims it runs 8.00@169mph; vs my 3075 lbs. with me in it running 8.04@167.99. What a run that'll be. I can't wait. If it happens saturday the 19th, Joe will tell everyone that there's a grudge run gonna happen. Or it'll happen on the 26th. He also claims it was dynoed @ 1365 hp on motor and with a 300 shot of NOS it made 1600 hp. It's suppose to be a motor to motor run. My motor made 1216@7100 rpm so it should be verrrry interesting. Whoever comes out of the gate should be the desiding factor. We'll see! It'll be a Super Pro car vs a Top Sportsman car (his new desiqnation) I'll hold up the CMDR Banner High!!!!! Wish me luck everyone::D

Craig Rice
03-31-2014, 08:08 PM
Sounds like whatever day you guys pick will be a great race Jan, good luck and kick some ass!!! Let's get this boy and show him what your about!!

Ryan Hadley
04-03-2014, 06:19 AM
Represent CMDR with big ol wagon , you win come get the sign !!

Stk1514
04-06-2014, 10:21 PM
FYI, Vinny's "Mean Green Duster" started it's life here in Central Mass as the former Bob Ramstrom owned, Bruce Reily driven 311ci "(Reid Automotive Chevy-Powered) 4-speed "Feather Duster" from McFee & Newton :eek:

Bob Ackerman
04-07-2014, 10:52 AM
Sorry Kozak (SG) but it was Dave Reilly not Bruce Reilly and his calling card was what SG???? What article of clothing did he wear when he raced???

Stk1514
04-07-2014, 08:57 PM
Sorry Kozak (SG) but it was Dave Reilly not Bruce Reilly and his calling card was what SG???? What article of clothing did he wear when he raced???
Your absolutly correct Bruce Reily is from Nova Scotia and runs a 70 Chevelle in SS/EA
Dave Reilly was the driver of Bob Ramstrom's "Feather Duster" (that was a set-up to see if you would read this)

There's a true story about a certain 331ci engine getting tossed off the back of a ramp truck heading to Reid Automotive
by a certain BIG Blonde dude that worked for "Tusk" at Fig Newton

Oh & Dave Reilly YES That Dave Reilly the former President of New England Dragway Inc.always wore gloves when he raced the Feather duster! FYI, it was a 4-speed!

Real Men Row Gears!
"Chicks dig the Sticks"!!

Bob Ackerman
04-08-2014, 07:21 AM
Your absolutly correct Bruce Reily is from Nova Scotia and runs a 70 Chevelle in SS/EA
Dave Reilly was the driver of Bob Ramstrom's "Feather Duster" (that was a set-up to see if you would read this)

There's a true story about a certain 331ci engine getting tossed off the back of a ramp truck heading to Reid Automotive
by a certain BIG Blonde dude that worked for "Tusk" at Fig Newton

Oh & Dave Reilly YES That Dave Reilly the former President of New England Dragway Inc.always wore gloves when he raced the Feather duster! FYI, it was a 4-speed!

Real Men Row Gears!
"Chicks dig the Sticks"!!

Yeah, yeah yeah on the 331 but I won the race against Johnny Gray - ramp truck against Unit 7. The upside to that 331 taking the dump on Grafton Street was they found why the motor kept losing oil pressure going around in circles. The other issue with Dave Reilly's gloves was that they were white garden gloves that you plant tomatoes with - not racing gloves as we know them today. The best part of the Feather Duster (DODGE) was it ran with a SBC and ran real good. Long live the "Tusk", Wes and Vinny memories..........those were the days!!

Stk1514
04-08-2014, 08:12 PM
Yeah, yeah yeah on the 331 but I won the race against Johnny Gray - ramp truck against Unit 7. The upside to that 331 taking the dump on Grafton Street was they found why the motor kept losing oil pressure going around in circles. The other issue with Dave Reilly's gloves was that they were white garden gloves that you plant tomatoes with - not racing gloves as we know them today. The best part of the Feather Duster (DODGE) was it ran with a SBC and ran real good. Long live the "Tusk", Wes and Vinny memories..........those were the days!!

and the one that started it all....................The "Lil Streaker" WSKK

Jan Richardson
04-09-2014, 08:07 PM
Hey CMDR's The Cool Breeze Boys will be there on the 19th to run wit ch'all (slang):D...............Of course during a test & tune I will run Vinny. I gotta let it all hang out then. It won't interfere with my CMDR time trials. I didn't know Vinny started out as a CMDR boy or rather the car was. Oh well I'll do my very best to kick his ass................