PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Scurto funeral arrangments

Craig Rice
10-28-2013, 02:52 PM
Douglas & Johnson Funeral Home
214 Main Street, Salem, NH 03079
603-898-8848

Francis J. “Buddy” Scurto, Jr., 67, of Salem, NH died Friday, Oct. 25th at Methuen Health & Rehab in Methuen, MA.
Buddy grew up in Stoneham, MA, the son of the late Helena (Bauhofer) and Francis Scurto, Sr. He was Director of Technical Training for Midas. After retiring from Midas, he was Technical Director for New England Dragway. Cars and racing were Buddy’s life.
He was predeceased by his wife, Joanne (Preston) Scurto.
Buddy is survived by his children, Joseph Scurto of Elliot, ME, Kimberly Scurto of Salem, NH and Frankie Scurto and her husband Dan Ciobanu-Adi of Salem NH.
His brother, James Scurto of Florida and his sister, Paula Scurto of Salisbury, MA, and brother-in-law Edward Preston of Salem, NH, two grandchildren, Kendra and Caylee and several nieces and nephews.
Memorial visitation will be Friday, November 1st from 4 -8 PM at Douglas & Johnson Funeral Home, 214 Main Street, Salem, NH 03079. There are no funeral services.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions in Buddy’s name may be made to: Community Crossroads, 8 Commerce Dr., Unit 801, Atkinson, NH 03811.

SteveCampanale
10-29-2013, 08:25 AM
Rest In Peace Bubby. You will be missed.

Bob Ackerman
10-30-2013, 01:25 PM
God's Speed Buddy. There will be a tremendous void in all of the lives you have had a positive influence with. Mostly all of us in the club has interfaced with Buddy either at the tech area or technical questions asked for our race cars. I am sure he has helped us all in a big way throughout his tenure as Tech Director for NED. I want to suggest that CMDR passes the hat at our next meeting for personal contributions from the members as well as our club adding to that donation so we can show our gratitude to the charity listed in the obituary.

I also want to give recognition to Ryan Hadley for his generous personal donation of 1/2 his winnings for the Top 16 race on October 19th and Justin Bruso for adding to that with his own donation from his winnings of the Gamblers race. You guys set the stage now it is up to the rest of us to show what Buddy meant to the rest of the CMDR club members.

Swede

Jan Richardson
12-07-2013, 07:44 PM
From: Bigdog & all The Cool Breeze Racers, we offer are condolences to our friend Buddy, who got called to a better place to watch us, and his family. Buddy was a true friend to all of us. We appreciated his authority as Tech Directer for NED, and he'll be missed by all of us. May he look down on us and still watch out for our safety on the track............