PDA

View Full Version : Bigdog's message about ATI and their crappy Tech responses

Jan Richardson
10-27-2013, 06:40 PM
Sorry I let you guys down, because of that pesky transmission leak. I wanted to race so bad that I totally forgot the safety aspect of racing! The starters were right not to let me race 'cause I could've hurt myself, car and another racer. So I had to find out why the ATI 400 Super Case kept leaking at the modulator side of trans. The first and formost thing I did was to contact ATI and tell them what happened and have them tell me what the fix would be! Well do you know, they know less than I do:mad: They said they never heard of this happening, and they hung the phone up on me:mad: So they were no help. So I called my trans guy (Zeke) and he brought my old stock case. The modulator plug I used goes in the stock case. The piston that's in the modulator hole is supposed to be all the way in, thus closing the passages so no fluid will come out of the valve. When I miked it (surface where the o-ring seats, to the piston) measured 0.0430. I miked my super case and measured 0.0444! That's a difference of 0.041. So what that means is that modulator plug works great in a stock case, but won't work in the super case. What's the answer? Well to my surprise I received the new 2014 ATI catalog, and I opened the Turbo 400 section and viola! I found an adjustable modulator plug for $26.00. Tell me they don't know anything about this problem! I'm sure many racers who bought this case have run into this. It should be included in the little parts bag they send you. Granted this case is a top notch design, but it seams like there waiting to see a response from any problems that arise so they can quickly address it. They should at least tell us that they recognize my issue and will get back to me with a solution. That's the sign of a good company. I'll be back in action next month and probably go to Atco NJ or Englishtown to try to break in the 7's. Wish me the best and see you racers later. This is Bigdog out................;)

Craig Rice
10-28-2013, 08:59 AM
That definitely sucks Jan, I hope you get that thing fixed and back to the track soon. Good luck down south and make it happen!!! Looking forward to having you and the boys up for the Christmas party please don't forget about it.

SteveCampanale
10-29-2013, 08:22 AM
Jan I had a similar customer service experience with ATI many years ago. I would have thought the bad economy would have made them improve some but I guess not.