PDA

View Full Version : Recap of Points Race #4

Craig Rice
07-13-2014, 08:56 PM
Recap of Race#4

With the weather Gods finally being on the drag racers side and not a chance of rain in the forcast the Central Mass Drag Racers headed back to the track they call home New England Dragway & Motorsports Park for their #4 points race of the season. I have to say I am excited to say that we had 45 cars make the first qualifying time trial and borrowing his wife's brand new Challenger it was Rick Daigle grabbing the #1 spot with a great .001 light. I was great to see Jimmy Lyman back behind the wheel of his 1974 Pro Street Camaro, Nick Daigle back with his Nova, Richie Cosenza finally making a club race with his gear jamming 1966 Chevelle, Skip Lovings retiring the Caddy and bringing his low 9 second Mustang out and Terry Gaspie getting his transmission issue fixed and at NED for his first time there. It was a great day today with very little breakage and all 45 cars making the call for first round, and after a great day of competition it was Wayne Farquhar taking on Ray Rice who was in the finals for the second straight race, both racers were driving very well and at the end of the final pass down the 1/4 for the day it was Wayne taking the win over Ray to get his first win in the Central Mass club. A big congrat to Wayne and Jesse Farquhar on the win yesterday and Ray going to his second straight final, don't worry ray your time is coming you will get that win soon. Zthe next race is a invitational gamblers race at Lebanonvally Dragway on July 26th, the members my invite someone to come and race with us but you must tell your person that we are a bottom bulb club NO DELAY BOXES may be used. See you all there. Great day yesterday and thank you all for coming!!